Filaments in Cyprus – PETG Filament
PETG (polyethylene terephthalate) filament is a plastic thread that combines the properties of the ABS filament (solid, temperature-resistant, extremely durable) and the PLA filament (easy to print). Because of these properties, PETG is a filament for 3D printing that you must have. It is environmentally friendly and can be recycled after use. Precisely because of its excellent chemical stability, PETG is a material that meets all the requirements of the European Parliament and the Council on artificial substances in contact with food products and medicines. We can find it in water bottles, clothing fibers and food containers.
Azurefilm PETG filament is extremely durable, solid, and odourless:
It is an excellent filament that combines a combination of strength and flexibility, so it is also used for printing mechanical products in robotics. Because it has an extremely minimal degree of shrinkage and bending, it is ideal for printing large products. It is a material that is distinguished by a gloss finish, and therefore it is also used for the printing of decorative elements.
For good results, you must print at a temperature of 220–240°C, and the printing table should be heated to 80-90°C. Please note that the temperature range of the print media may slightly differ depending on the use of other printers.
Advantages of PETG:
- Very easy to print; you do not need a 3D printer with an enclosure,
- Print speed is comparable to the printing of PLA filament.
- PETG material has an excellent support structure due to the strength that helps to ensure that the layers are perfectly adhering during the printing,
- Products are structurally strong and resistant to mechanical influences.
✔️ Easy to print
❌ Susceptible to moisture
❌ Surface scratches easily
Strength: High| Flexibility: Medium | Durability: High
Difficulty to use: Low | Shrinkage/warping: Minimal
Soluble: No | Food safety: Azurefilm PETG is food safe
- Nozzle temperature: 230 – 240°C
- Heated bed: 70-90°C
- Printing speed: 50 – 100mm/s
- Build Platform: Blue Tape, Kapton Tape, Glass Bed, PEI bed